40 Before 40
Everyone seems to be talking about Bucket Lists lately. Maybe they follow the Mayan calendar and believe the world is going to end this year? Who knows. Whatever the reason, I think they’re a good idea. Noone wants to be on their deathbed with a pile of regrets and forgotten dreams and ‘what ifs’.
I’ve also come across a few people doing 30 Before 30 lists, or 40 Before 40 etc…
So I’ve been thinking a lot about all the things I’d like to do, or the experiences I’d like to have during my life. I think I’ll follow my friend Jess’ example and create a 40 Before 40 list (and I’ll try not to panic about the fact that I’m too old to make a 30 Before 30 list…)
I’m sure I’ll add and subtract items from the list as time goes by. Life changes, and who knows where I’ll be or how I’ll feel in a couple of years. I don’t even have 40 things in mind right now and trying to come up with that number for the sake of a list feels too daunting. Besides, I’d like to leave space for change and growth.
In no particular order…
1. Drive around the Bathurst track at Mt. Panorama – I want to drive around myself, and I also would love to do a hot lap (or two!) with one of the professional V8 Supercar drivers behind the wheel.
2. Learn how to handle and shoot a gun.
3. Write a book and get it published.
4. Meet as many members of the Supernatural cast and crew as possible – and I’ll be able to cross this one off my list THIS YEAR!
5. Get another couple of tattoos.
7. Learn to sing and play guitar well.
8. Live on my own, in my own place.
9. Do Pilates twice a week for at least 3 months, so I can see it make some actual difference.
10. Meet as many of my beautiful online friends as I can!
11. Visit a chocolate factory!
12. Road trip through America.
What’s on your list?
❤ Shell xx
- Posted in: Uncategorized