Sometimes we all need a little inspiration. Not just us crafty types, either. Everyone needs a little life inspiration, something to look forward to, something to work for. Something to shake us up.
Some of these ideas are fairly cliche, but I think they are worth mentioning. It’s easy to overlook them because we hear them so often that we don’t really hear them at all.
* Get out of your comfort zone! (I did warn you that some were cliche!) Try something new, something you’ve always wanted to do but are afraid to do. I’m not even talking about anything huge here, like jumping out of a plane. If you’ve always wanted to paint, but think there’s no point because you’re no good at it, go pick up a paint brush! Who cares if the end result is less than desirable? No-one has to see it but you.
Go spend a weekend camping in the bush if you’re a city oriented person. Or vice versa. Audition for a play. Learn to ride a motorbike. Just do something new!
* Take a break from whatever you’re doing, especially if you’re feeling frustrated. Go for a walk, read a novel, phone a friend, look through old photo albums.
* Write lists! Anyone who knows me knows I’m a compulsive list writer. I make lists of lists I want to make. List making can be a wonderful brainstorming activity. Grab a pen and paper and write a list of everything you want to do in life – don’t give yourself any limitations! Don’t think about money or logistics, just write whatever comes to mind. What would you do if money weren’t an issue? What would you be doing right now if you could?
* Practice Random Acts of Kindness. Step out of your own world for a moment and think what you could do to make someone else’s day better, or how you could make someone else smile. It doesn’t matter how big or small. Sometimes the littlest things can have to biggest impact. Bake cookies for your best friend; phone your Grandmother just to say hello; give flowers to random people you pass in the street; smile at everyone!
* Do a photo-a-day project. Grab your camera, or phone, and take a photo of something every day for a week, or a month, or a year. You can choose for all your photos to have a common theme, or you can make them a random as you like!
* Do what makes you happy! I can not stress this point enough! What is the point in doing something if it makes you miserable? I understand that we don’t all love our jobs – but it really doesn’t have to be that way! If you hate where you are, start looking for something else! This doesn’t just apply to what we do for a living – how would you like to spend your weekends? Curled up with ice cream and a few movies? Rock climbing? At the beach? In a cooking class?
* Daydream. Let your mind wander. Think about what you want to be doing, not how unhappy you are feeling stuck where you are. Imagine. And believe it could all be true 🙂
* When all else fails, look at Pinterest!! Endless inspiration there 🙂
- Posted in: Uncategorized