My list of happy for this week!
* Getting jewellery supplies in the mail – it’s like Christmas all over again!
* Having Larissa and Ambah come over to visit 🙂
* People I follow on Pinterest pinning lots of Supernatural photos. There’s so much pretty to look at!
* Playing with my housemate’s cockatiel. Such a funny little bird.
* Talking about and planning VanCon stuff!
* Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies 🙂
* Remembering how much I love Seth Green during my Buffy re-watch.
* Sweet little messages from Cindy ❤
* Finding out that some of the people I look up to, love and respect, are even more awesome than I initially thought. Kim Rhodes, I’m looking at you.
* Getting a good night’s sleep. It doesn’t happen very often!
* This quote from Johnny Depp about his daughter (below):
I hope you’ve had lots to smile about this week, too! Have a beautiful weekend!
❤ Shell xx
Everyone seems to be talking about Bucket Lists lately. Maybe they follow the Mayan calendar and believe the world is going to end this year? Who knows. Whatever the reason, I think they’re a good idea. Noone wants to be on their deathbed with a pile of regrets and forgotten dreams and ‘what ifs’.
I’ve also come across a few people doing 30 Before 30 lists, or 40 Before 40 etc…
So I’ve been thinking a lot about all the things I’d like to do, or the experiences I’d like to have during my life. I think I’ll follow my friend Jess’ example and create a 40 Before 40 list (and I’ll try not to panic about the fact that I’m too old to make a 30 Before 30 list…)
I’m sure I’ll add and subtract items from the list as time goes by. Life changes, and who knows where I’ll be or how I’ll feel in a couple of years. I don’t even have 40 things in mind right now and trying to come up with that number for the sake of a list feels too daunting. Besides, I’d like to leave space for change and growth.
In no particular order…
1. Drive around the Bathurst track at Mt. Panorama – I want to drive around myself, and I also would love to do a hot lap (or two!) with one of the professional V8 Supercar drivers behind the wheel.
2. Learn how to handle and shoot a gun.
3. Write a book and get it published.
4. Meet as many members of the Supernatural cast and crew as possible – and I’ll be able to cross this one off my list THIS YEAR!
5. Get another couple of tattoos.
7. Learn to sing and play guitar well.
8. Live on my own, in my own place.
9. Do Pilates twice a week for at least 3 months, so I can see it make some actual difference.
10. Meet as many of my beautiful online friends as I can!
11. Visit a chocolate factory!
12. Road trip through America.
What’s on your list?
❤ Shell xx
Is it just me or did this week go by super fast?! It might’ve felt like blink and miss it, but there was still plenty to smile about!
* It’s Friday the 13th! I’m not overly superstitious, but I’ve always LOVED anything spooky or paranormal or supernatural, and Black Fridays fall into that category for me 🙂 And apparently there are three of them this year!
* Hype and excitement about this week’s Supernatural episode!! See my previous post – no explanation needed.
* Supernatural winning the TWO People’s Choice Awards they were nominated for! Favourite TV Network Drama and Favourite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show!
* Receiving a really sweet Thank You card in the mail from one of my Impossible Alice customers! Just getting thank you emails makes me happy enough, but an actual, handwritten card in snail mail? That’s just awesome.
* Organic chocolate truffles from Whole Foods which my friend Meighan sent me. They are so amazingly yummy!
* Kerry and Carrie. They know why 😉
* Afternoon naps ❤
* Doing stuff when it needs to be done instead of procrastinating – it feels so good not to have all those little annoying things hanging over my head waiting for me to do them!
* Still sticking to my work out routine!
Have a wonderful weekend! Hope you have lots to smile about 😀
❤ Shell xx
I am more than a little excited about this weeks upcoming episode of Supernatural.
Jensen Ackles dressed in a 1940’s gangster suit and fedora, wielding a tommy gun.
If that’s not enough (and it totally is!), the episode also guest stars Nicolas Lea (Alex Krycek in The X Files!) and Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls in Veronica Mars and Josef Kostan in Moonlight!), both of whom I LOVED in their other shows!
Photo credit goes to: Jack Rowand/The CW©2012 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I think they are trying to kill us with the hotness.
Excuse me while I go pass out.
It’s kind of hard to believe that the first week of 2012 is already over. But it also kind of feels like it lasted forever! I think that’s because I was so busy and got so much done. I hope all your New Year first weeks have been wonderful!
This is what I’ve been smiling about during the first week of 2012 =D
* Getting Christmas cards in the mail from friends! And a Christmas card from Misha!
* Christmas packages arriving from my friend Meighan in America. She spoils me and I love her!
* Re-watching Buffy and Angel. So awesome.
* Kim Rhodes’ new blog – Apart from being a beautiful actress, she is such a sweetheart. She gives so much of her time to talk with all us fans on twitter and now she’s sharing even more of herself in her new blog. I love it when the people I love turn out to be even more amazing than I thought.
* Planning a workout routine and sticking to it! Yay me!
* Crossing everything of my to-do lists and writing stuff in my 2012 day planner. Yes, I’m a nerd. And I don’t care.
* Booking a room at the Sheraton in Vancouver for VanCon =D SO. EXCITED. Now I need to look into accom. for the rest of our stay.
* Epic twitter conversations with Jamie, Kerry, Amanda and Rick ❤
I can’t wait to see what other awesomeness this year is going to bring!
What’s had you smiling this week?
Otherwise known as, Some Of My Favourite Quotes =D
Live What You Love – unknown.
When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life. – John Lennon.
The essential part of being creative is not being afraid to – Edwin H. Land.
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time – unknown.
They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself – Andy Warhol.
Some good things fall apart so that better things can fall together – Marilyn Monroe.
Reality is for people with no imagination – unknown.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss.
Sometimes I’ve believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast – Lewis Carroll.
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt – Vonnegut.
Live out of your imagination, not your history – Stephen R. Covey.
It is never too late to be what you might have been – George Eliot
You create your own universe as you go along – WInston Churchill.
Imagination is more important than knowledge – Einstein.
Life isn’t about finding yourself – life is about creating yourself – unknown.
The only place your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking – Robert H. Schuller.
Not all who wander are lost – J. R. R. Tolkien.
I love beginnings. I love starting over, clean and fresh. I love the start of a new year. It has so much potential, so much possibility.
I have such a good feeling about 2012. A deep, gut feeling that this is going to be the best year yet.
This time last year I had mixed feelings. I tried to push the not-so-good feelings aside and convince myself that I felt great about the coming year. In some ways 2011 was awesome, and in other ways it was horrible.
But this time around, I really and truly am SO EXCITED for 2012!! I have so many amazing adventures planned (or in the planning stages) and I’m sure lots more wonderful things will pop up and surprise me along the way.
So HAPPY NEW YEAR! Dream big, think positive and believe that you can do anything.
It’s nearly Christmas!!! There’s so much happy to be found during this time of year – reflecting on the year that’s about to finish, planning and looking forward to all the new adventures for the year to come, I love it!
* SO MANY Christmas orders! I’ve been so busy with Impossible Alice the last few weeks!
* Making gifts for the people I love ❤
* Receiving Christmas cards in the mail – so much more fun and personal than e-cards. I sent out snail mail cards to everyone this year for the first time in ages. I had so much fun writing out the cards and the cute, little messages I got from friends as they received them. I’m definitely doing it again next year.
* Getting into a good workout routine. I don’t feel much difference yet (except being more tired!) but I’m liking it 🙂
* New perfume! Well, it’s the scent I’ve always worn so it’s not really new, but I haven’t had any for a couple of years. I bought some more the other day and I’d forgotten how much I love it! It’s White Musk, from The Body Shop.
* Cindy Sampson. She’s my favourite person this week 😀
* Planning for next year’s Supernatural conventions! I love booking accommodation. I need to do the flights next, then it’ll all feel final! I have Sydney accom. sorted, and I’d like to have Vancouver booked within the next week or two.
* Thinking about everything there is to look forward to next year!
* Starting a series re-watch of Supernatural – Jensen and Jared are so young and cute in the first season!
* Christmas movies! I love them all. It doesn’t matter how bad they are, or how cheesy, I love them. Of course, my all time favourite is Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (which also doubles as my favourite Halloween film!) 😀
* Sweet Potato vegetable chips. YUM!
I WILL blog regularly during 2012!
Love this post from Gala Darling.
GISHWHES finished and left us all with a gaping hole in our lives.
Lots of beautiful, fun, exciting plans for next year! 2012 will be the year of Awesome Adventures!
HUGE boxes of assorted chocolates on sale!! Ain’t nothin better.
Rainy days when you don’t have to leave the house ❤
Writing and sending Christmas cards to old friends and new friends 😀
Starting a regular pilates/elliptical workout routine. I WILL get back into shape.
Reflecting on everything – good and bad – that’s happened over the last year and forgiving and letting go. Ready to start clean and fresh and positive for the new year!